Trinidad & Tobago born Rapper Nicki Minaj has often been considered by many as the most influential female rapper of all time, worlds most influential female artist in hip hop, and the best-selling female rapper of all time for having sold more than 5 million albums, 20 million singles and over 60 million singles as a featured artist.
She has also been listed in the top 100 most influential people in the world and in the list of the highest paid women in music. With such a profile, one can wonder what’s Nicki Minaj net worth. Well here is a breakdown of Nicki Minaj net worth and her rise from rags to riches to the queen of rap and hip-hop she has turned to be.
Table of Contents
NICKI MINAJ BIOGRAPHY & CAREER
Born on 8th December, 1982, Onika Tanya Maraj alias Nicki Minaj is an America singer, songwriter, model and rap artist. She is the daughter of Robert Maraj and Carol Maraj amid her siblings namely; Micaiah Maraj, Jelani Maraj, Brandon Lamar and Ming Maraj. Minaj was born and embossed in Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago, outside the US but later their parents relocated to New York when she was still young. Before her mother sent for her and her brother, Nicki was abiding with her grandmother in Saint James until she was five. Minaj’s father laboured as a financial executive where else her mother was a foreign exchange teller and a singer. Her father being a drug addict, they had to put up with him even after maltreating her mother and setting their house on fire while she was still young. Being hopeless, Nicki started to work on peculiar jobs until she became famous. She attended the LaGuardia High School to pursue singing and acting. Minaj got ringed in 2015 to Meek Mill, a hip-hop recording artist but they forthwith don’t have any children.
Nicki’s career started back when she was a teen just after graduating from LaGuardia High school where she pursued a career in acting. For a few months she tried to fit in in the actress business but she wasn’t successful so she quit and got a job as a waitress. Being a waitress wasn’t so easy for her and the customers used to complain a lot and she was fired on the grounds of discourtesy to customers. She moved to other 15 jobs of which all of them she got fired for the same reason she was fired before when she was a waitress. She would later secure a job with wall Street business as office manager and a customer care representative. Nicki Minaj professional career started in 2004 when she was signed by Full Force. with Full Force she did a couple of raps with a group called “The Hood$tars where she rapped Victoria a WWE Diva entrance song “Don’t Mess With”.she would later leave Full Force and upload her songs on Myspace. In 2007 Nicki Minaj was signed by Dirty Money Entertainment where she got to release Mixtape Playtime Is Over 2007, Sucka Free in 2008, Beam Me Up Scooty 2009 which had songs such as “I Get Crazy”. It was in year 2009 that Lil Wayne discovered Nicki Minaj and decided to sign her up with Young Money Entertainment”.
During her early days with Young Money Entertainment she appeared in several projects such as “We Are Young Money”, “Up Out My Face” and Shakin It 4 Daddy” which did pretty well on the charts .Her Breakthrough came as a result of her 2010 hit single “Your Love” which was rated no.1 on Billboards rap songs and no.14 on Billboard’s Hot 100. From here her journey to glory just got started as she released “Black Friday”, “Right Thru Me”, “Check It Out” making her to reach a milestone for being the first female solo artist to have 7 songs on Billboard Hot 100 simultaneously. And even finding her way on the MTV Annual Hottest MC list which she became the first woman to do so. Apart from Pink Friday Nicki Minaj discography comprises of Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded 2012 and The Pinkprint 2014. Nicki has also been a talented actor even though she tried back then at her teen age and some of the films she has featured on are Ice Age Continental Drift 2012, The Other Woman 2014, and Barbershop The Next Cut 2016. The talented vocalist has moiled with the likes of Madonna, M.I.A, Justin Beiber, Britney spears, Tyga among others. The rap artist has also acquired many allotments including the ‘Underground Music Awards’ in 2008 where she was pegged as the ‘Female Artist of the Year’. She became the first female artist to loom twice on MTV’s ‘Hottest MC’s in the Game’.
Nicki also became the first single female artist in 2013, to receive BET’s awards for four consecutive years. Before that, she had received various MTV music awards and was the first female rap artist to perform in the Grammys. Though known for her rapping and singing, she had once become a judge in the 2012 TV show, ‘American Idol’ likewise with Judges Mariah Carey, Randy Jackson, and Keith Urban and left in May the following year. Among the rewards she has received to date are 4 Teen Choice Awards, 4 Billboard Music Awards, 6 American Music Awards, 2 People’s Choice Awards among many others.
How much is net worth of Nicki Minaj?
According to Forbes 2017, Nicki Minaj’s net worth is at $75 million being. Most of her wealth has been contributed by performance fees, ticket sales and not forgetting record sales. It’s also rumoured that during her session as a judge in American Idol Season 12 she made $12 million. She has also been endorsing several products from companies such as MAC Cosmetics, Nokia, Pepsi, Adidas, among many others. She has also invested her money in Tidal where she is a co-Owner.
8 THINGS YOU KNOW ABOUT NICKI MINAJ
Unless you were born yesterday or you live under the rock probably you know Nicki Minaj is one of the best rappers alive. Am sure the most recent songs you probably love the video Bang Bang, Anaconda, Super Bass, Starships, Right by my Side among others and of course you know she is a rapper with some big butt, .but what is it about Nicki Minaj that you don’t know? Well here is a list of a few things about Nicki Minaj you don’t know
1. It’s been rumoured that Lil Wayne slept with Nicki Minaj and to put the rumours to rest let me make it clear that Nicki Minaj on several occasions stated that her and Lil Wayne had nothing going on and she has never slept with him. Although those accusations might be true considering Nicki Minaj defends Lil Wayne when he is in trouble, she also bought him a car, gave him an intricate lap dance and much more. But let’s agree not to agree.
2. Did you know that Nicki Minaj had taken some nude pics a while back in the shower? Well maybe she was proving to the world that she got some beautiful natural hair too even if she normally wears wigs and hairpieces of various colours another explanation might be sh wanted to market her hair products who knows. All the same she got the attention of the fans.
3. How many people are in love with their stuffed animals? Well Nicki Minaj treats her stuffed animals like it’s her children, she even gets to have a chat with them that’s pretty weird, right? To understand how much, she loves she usually travels with them every time she is out of town and she once offered a reward of $50k for anyone who would see her pink stuffed monkey when it got lost in an airport
4. Nicki Minaj has a single tattoo in her body which she regrets about it, she got it while she was 16. The tattoo says “God is always with you”. In Chinese
5. Do you know Waka Flocka’s mom used to manage Gucci Mane and Nicki Minaj too?
6. While still a teenager she got a miscarriage after getting pregnant with her first boyfriend.
7. Nicki is Barbie doll as the toy makers company designed a doll that resembles her.
8. She is the first and the only female rapper to have her name appear on the Forbes list of Hip-Hop Cash Kings.
Nicki is hackneyed for her exclusive style of fast-flow rap making her renowned as a flaunted cameo voice on her albums and as a solo artist. She is also known for being daring and compassing a loud fashion statement since she uses brightly coloured makeup’s, wears different attires and has brazen hairstyles. For some years now, the gifted vocalist has been according money to an Indian village where he assisted them to get a reading program, two water wells, a tailoring institute and a computer centre. As a rap artist she has prolonged to lodge herself as an award overwhelming singer, song writer, rapper, TV host among others. Nicki Minaj net worth is out of hard work and never giving up.